PCOM program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RupeshV

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

as i mentioned before, I am really trying to get into dental school, and I am planning to do a masters program to improve my low gpa. Does anybody have any info on the PCOM certificate program, if it would help ones chances of gaining admission since you don't earn your masters, yet its only a year. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Rupesh

Members don't see this ad.

You can do the certificate program or the masters program. When I interviewed at PCOM for their D.O. program there were 2 individuals that had gone through the PCOM program. 1 Certificate and 1 masters. I beleive they both were accepted. Granted that was med school and you are looking towards Dental school, but I think it would help. The PCOM program is very respected in Philly and the northeast. Unsure of how other regions of the country feel about it. Did you check out the courses on their website.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I checked out the courses, I would be taking classes with DO students if accepted. Do you know anyone whos in the program

RupeshV

Slight correction

You don't be taking classes WITH the DO students. The classes will be held in the evenings with your fellow biomed students. The same material that is covered in the first two trimester of DO first year is covered, but less in depth.

Other than that, I can't you any further since I didn't do the biomed program.