Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

PCOM program??

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by notnarcsDO, Dec 7, 2005.

1. notnarcsDO

notnarcsDO Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Just wondering if any of the re-applicants on here did the PCOM Certificate of Biomedical Sciences program?? I really want to go to PCOM, but I am not sure if I will get accepted this round. The PCOM alum that I shadowed told me to do this, because it would get me acquainted with the faculty and get my foot in the door. I was just wondering if anyone in here participated in the program and got into PCOM as a result.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Taus

Taus .
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    There are ALOT of people in my class this year (I'm a first year at PCOM) who did the program last year. I am pretty sure that if you pass the program you are guaranteed an interview, but don't quote me on it.

4. notnarcsDO

notnarcsDO Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks!! Did they apply during that year or did they wait till they finished the program to start applying?

5. Taus

Taus .
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    during the year...I'm not sure of the details...but it was def during the year and during the normal interview season

6. Sofi02

Sofi02 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    ok so i see that this girl had a 21 on MCAT and a 3.16 gpa, reapplied and got in!!! wow like so i'm in a similar boat you were in but my GPA and EC are really good like 3.5 and many EC...so wat do i need to do then? cause i'm sure i got rejected this year...and i really don't wanna take the MCAT for the 3rd time now...any advice would be appreciated...i was seriously thinking of the Caribbean, preferably St. Matthews...any thoughts?!