PCOM vs. RFUMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gorgi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
---

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If osteopathic medicine is okay with you, I dont see why you need a postbac in the first place. If you apply broadly right now to D.O. schools for the 2010 class, you will get plenty of interviews with your stats (27 mcat and 3.5+ gpa). If I were you, I would just do some clinical volunteering and get a nice-paying job during the year off...But it seems like youve made up your mind about the post bac route....Go to the program that youd want to be at for medical school. Both are good at accepting the postbac students but it seems like there is more of a guarantee at rosalind franklin since they give you an automatic interview...

Definitely +1 to what golfin87 said. If you're okay with going to a DO program, save yourself upwards of $50k and skip out on the SMP. Your stats are definitely good enough for most, if not all, DO programs. Just be sure to apply early.

I'm unfamiliar with the PCOM Biomed program, but it seems like RFU's BMS program is only good for getting into CMS.