pcsom hopeful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kendall

as usual
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!!! i am graduating from UK in two weeks, and am applying to PCSOM (as well as a few other schools). i have a couple of friends down there already, and they seem to like it. i can't wait to come visit. i really think DO is the way to go (for me at least). my gpa and mcat scores (~3.5, 29) are very competitive at UK and UofL, but i have a bit of a questionable academic history. Straight out of high school i did very poorly. I subsequently left school for 4 years. Since returning, I was fortunate enough to be granted academic bankruptcy from my prior record, and have done reasonably well while working full time in several different health care settings. i have worked as a CNA in the heart center (cardiac surgical) at Good Sam in cincy, as a phlebotomist at UofL, and (for the last year) doing cancer research through the Division of Infectious Diseases at UK. My questions are: how bad will my academic bankruptcy hurt me? will my work experience help to negate that? is a 3.5 still considered good if it includes a couple C's? Sorry for being so long winded, but any thoughts would be appreciated. thanx!!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

you will do fine. i had close to what you had and i got in.

I would strongly advise you to contact Mr. Payson and Dr. Strosnider (don't bother with Ms. Kreutzer, as she doesn't have any authority or much influence) directly and talk to them frankly about your situation and see what they say...