PCSOM Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsDr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to SDN and have a couple of questions about an upcoming interview. After having to unfortunately cancel three previous interviews at PCSOM I'll be interveiwing at Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine on April 30th. I know other schools, such as UNECOM, have been interviewing students for "Accept Space Available" spots since January. Does anyone know if PCSOM's class is full? I'm concerned about this since their average class size is only 75 students, as I'm not sure if I'm interviewing for a Waitlist spot at this point. Also, does anyone know about how many candidates will attend the April 30th interview? I hope by cancelling my previous interviews I haven't completely hurt my chances. Any other feedback on PCSOM would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

SportsDr said:
I'm new to SDN and have a couple of questions about an upcoming interview. After having to unfortunately cancel three previous interviews at PCSOM I'll be interveiwing at Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine on April 30th. I know other schools, such as UNECOM, have been interviewing students for "Accept Space Available" spots since January. Does anyone know if PCSOM's class is full? I'm concerned about this since their average class size is only 75 students, as I'm not sure if I'm interviewing for a Waitlist spot at this point. Also, does anyone know about how many candidates will attend the April 30th interview? I hope by cancelling my previous interviews I haven't completely hurt my chances. Any other feedback on PCSOM would be appreciated. Thanks

I think that there will be about 19 people at the interview on the 30th. If the class is not full, it is probably getting pretty close. Let me know if you need any help with interview questions.

I think if you set in your mind the idea that you have been asked by a medical school to spend some time chatting about yourself and what you believe in and not focus on trying to prove anything then you should be fine.

I was amazed at how laid back the whole presentation and interview was. I was overwhelmed by the interactions among the current students and profs, and how eager the students were in making everyone feel at ease and cared for. Students I met at other schools were more on par of here is what I'm doing and don't you wish you were me...

Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Aaron Earles and inhope for your feedback. I'm looking forward to interviewing at PCSOM on 4/30, as it's my first choice. Whether or not seats are available it will be good to see the school. I'll contact Aaron Earles via e-mail with other questions. Thanks again

SportsDr said:
Thank you Aaron Earles and inhope for your feedback. I'm looking forward to interviewing at PCSOM on 4/30, as it's my first choice. Whether or not seats are available it will be good to see the school. I'll contact Aaron Earles via e-mail with other questions. Thanks again

PCSOM was my personal first choice, but wrote it off after I applied. I was under the premise they accepted primarily KY folks. Good luck and hope to see you in August!

Is this highly emphasized on the curriculum?

please comment!!!! thanks.

hottie said:
Is this highly emphasized on the curriculum?

please comment!!!! thanks.

If you go to the school website, you will find that they lay out the classes for you and I believe they told me everyone takes the same thing,..no electives. I was given some feedback this year from a graduate of PCSOM who is a ear, nose and throat surgeon so I don't think going there is going to limit you in any way if that is your fear.

Rich