PCT in Either Neuro-Ortho Unit, Respiratory Care, or Hematology/Oncology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRJ26

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Not sure if this is the right board for this, but I feel that RNs/NPs/PAs, etc. would be able to better answer this than those on the pre-allo boards. I have been applying to a few jobs as a Patient Care Technician at a few hospitals in DC. I'm now going to apply for a position at the Children's Hospital, and I feel that it would be more of a match for me because I love working with children and other reasons. Now, they have various departments listed, and I will admit that as an EMT, the only hospital department I am familiar with is the ER. The Hospital has openings in the Neuro-Ortho Care Unit, Respiratory Care Unit, and Hematology/Oncology Care Unit. The website doesn't really have descriptions of these units/departments. Could someone please give me a description of these units, what they do, etc., or direct me to another website that describes these? I'm trying to figure out which would be more along the lines of my interests, more "exciting"/more to do/see, etc. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.