Technology PDA for 3rd year - tilt vs wing vs centro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marlem66

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a tmobile user - originally I was just going to get the Tmobile Wing and be done with it, but it has reviewed poorly.

Then I thought I'd get an unlocked Centro and use that, but I'm a little turned off by the tiny screen, tiny keyboard, and lack of Wifi.

I've read that the AT&T Tilt is made by the same company as the wing, and actually reviewed much better. There are some unlocked Tilts on ebay I could get.

My question - in your experience, what would I be best off with for the wards? I'm a little unsure about getting an unlocked phone due to the lack of support. If only the Centro had wifi, I'd be sold.

Ugh, decisions decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a tilt, bit of a review here.

Centro seemed a bit small to me.

As far as reviews go, I've noticed a lot of the reviews of HTC phones talk about them being sluggish, and, out of the box, the Tilt certainly was. However, one thing to keep in mind at least with the tilt, is that once you remove all the extra crap they come with, they will be much snappier.

Last edited:
it's really tilt vs. centro

do you NEED wifi - get tilt
do you hate windows mobile - get centro
does price matter - get centro
do you want to be able to text with one hand - get centro
do you want to put the thing down and watch a movie - get tilt

go somewhere you can actually test out both. you'll be happy with either one.

Members don't see this ad :)
HTC sells many phones that get branded with other names.

Here's a tip: if your phone has a built-in GPS chip, then it can work as a GPS navigator. Choose a phone that has a GPS.

The new iPhone 3G has an internal GPS that allows it to work as a navigator. Too bad it doesn't have a hardware keyboard.

Does anyone know if the HTC Touch Diamond will work as a med school PDA? (I'm an M1 now but planning ahead...)

HTC sells many phones that get branded with other names.

Here's a tip: if your phone has a built-in GPS chip, then it can work as a GPS navigator. Choose a phone that has a GPS.

The new iPhone 3G has an internal GPS that allows it to work as a navigator. Too bad it doesn't have a hardware keyboard.
Why would I want a hardware keyboard that takes up half the space when I don't need it? It just gets in the way when I am watching videos, surfing on the web, listening to music but it is there when I want to send an email, text message, dial a phone number Etc.