Technology PDA phone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

royalchallenge

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone please throw some light upon which is the best PDA phone in market these days to be used during and after residency.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks asmallchild....

Even I was planning to go for an IPHONE but one of my friends using iphone for three months was of opinion that it might not be good for pda purposes.

Thanks.

Thanks asmallchild....

Even I was planning to go for an IPHONE but one of my friends using iphone for three months was of opinion that it might not be good for pda purposes.

Thanks.

That's not very specific. Did they say why it isn't good for pda purposes? After June when it is updated it will only improve.

Can someone tell me how to choose a good PDA? I never baught one before and i don't know what to look for

That's not very specific. Did they say why it isn't good for pda purposes? After June when it is updated it will only improve.

I have heard in June they are increasing the storage capacity to 32 Gigs...
My friend told the PDA browsing n functions are not very convenient....but am not sure as I haven't tried it ever....

Similar question: Any good PDA phone with a built-in GPS receiver?
My cousin had the AT&T Tilt phone with built-in GPS that he was able to use for free like a navigational GPS by just downloading some maps. I'm looking for something similar but maybe with better design.

I have the HTC Fuze, which in my opinion, look a lot sleeker than the Tilt.

Choose based on functionality and price. Most PDA phones now require that you subscribe to a data plan - so can you afford that? If not, then go with an older Verizon that still allows you to use it as a PDA and a phone (and not as an internet device).

Make sure to get a touch screen device.

Can I-phone be used to have internet in my laptop too....

I mean if I connect an I-phone to my computer, will my laptop be able to use the Data plan of Iphone to browse internet.

Thanks SugPlum. The HTC Fuze is a great phone but it's more money than I want to spend. I end up getting a cheaper LG Incite phone that has worked great so far and has all the functions that I want.

royalchallenge,
I'm pretty sure it can be done. It's called tethering and you can do this with most of the new PDA phones on the market. Keep in mind that even with 3G, the phone's internet connection is still really slow compared to wifi.