PDA`s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

smedley

How many of the PA-C and PA-s use PDA`s, and which one?

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't purchased one yet but I've been looking at the Compaq Ipac (my favorite so far)...starting PA program this August and think I'll wait a bit longer to purchase as they are rapidly changing and advice is to wait until rotations. Who knows...might break down and get one sooner to get used to it. ;)

hmmm, just thought I'd ressurect this 2 year old thread to see if PDAs are becoming more widespread and, if so, in what capacity...

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only speak for the student setting. When our PA class returned from winter break, about half of our class returned with PDA's. It seems to be pretty evenly balanced between Palms & Pocket PC's. I keep hearing that Pocket PC's are the "wave of the future" so I'm thinking about picking up an HP Pocket PC. They are indispensable, especially when you begin clinical rotations. Sure beats carrying around several different reference books in your pockets!

Monika =)

im looking into the pocket PC wave but Ive heard that they are not compatible with many of the med softwares? For those of you using the pocket PC's what software do you use and what software would you suggest???

Just got my HP IPAQ 1940 (Pocket pc) delivered, most software should be compatible as far as I know. I think if you have a Pocket pc some things may not be available for free download. You would just pay the monthly fee, etc. Here is what I am planning on loading up:

Stedman's
5-Minute Clinical Consult
Harrison's
PDR drugs
IFacts Drug Interactions
Bakerman's ABC LAb Interpretations
EngSpan (translation)
Growth2
Mnemonics

Best of luck!
Monika

thxs i will def look into them!

I use a simple Palm m515...works well.. I keep PDR and some reference stuff in it. I also keep a coding (medical coding) program in it (diagnosis codes)
Keep some medmath formula programs.