Pda

Started by OKgirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OKgirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please help me find a good PDA?

I don't want to spend a whole lot, but I want to have a good one. All I really NEED is the datebook, address book, and to-do list.

I plan on getting a Blackjack as soon as my contract expires and it has all the features I want, but I kinda want the touch screen most PDAs have. Do you think I should get both?
 
If all you REALLY need are those 3 things only, you can get any phone ... iPhone, BlackJack, any Palm based or Windows Mobile based ... I have the iPhone and love it, however, until they release the SDK there are no extra official apps for the phone other than web-based apps. The Tilt from AT&T is great, I've seen it in person and loved it. But I guess it's up to personal preference after all.
 
I agree with LoKote.

If you only need those 3 features, then get a phone. You'll need a PDA in the latter years of pharmacy school for drug applications/databases, but not now as a pre-pharm student. If you buy a PDA now, you'll likely need (or want) a new one by the time pharmacy school comes around. So...why spend the money now on something that you will use so little?

I have had a Blackberry Pearl for a little over a year, and I love it. It is not touch screen, but the track ball us super user friendly and makes it very easy to navigate. I use the address book, calendar, and to-do list extensively. I have never used those features on my larger and heavier Palm. I only use it for my drug stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please help me find a good PDA?

I don't want to spend a whole lot, but I want to have a good one. All I really NEED is the datebook, address book, and to-do list.

I plan on getting a Blackjack as soon as my contract expires and it has all the features I want, but I kinda want the touch screen most PDAs have. Do you think I should get both?

I've got an ATT 8525. It's the Tilt, without the tilting. I didn't like the screen tilting. It has all three of the features you ask for plus whatever else you may need. I was able to pick it up for ~100 with a 2 yr contract. I am very happy with it...I am able to run Epocrates on it (if you dont know what that is, google it or PM me.)

The touch screen....well I don't know what I'd do without it! 👍
 
don't get a blackberry pearl...had a bad experience with that, total waste of time/effort/money.

T-Mobile Dash was my favorite PDA type phone.

I can't speak for Palm Treo or any other touch screen type phone, this is just from personal experience (above).
 
I used to have a Palm Treo 700w through Verizon. I liked it but I was still in high school at the time so it was kind of a pain to carry around. It's not small but it did have lots of neat features and it was a touch screen. It was the Windows based version and I think it was replaced (at Verizon) by the 700wx. It was a good phone- easy to use and fun.
 
HTC Touch phone is amazing! Similar to iPhone only its a windows based pda-phone
 
I have the blackjack.
I love my phone... it helps me stay organized. I don't carry a bulky student planner anymore. (yay)

Also, I am able to run epocrates.