Pda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OKgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me find a good PDA?

I don't want to spend a whole lot, but I want to have a good one. All I really NEED is the datebook, address book, and to-do list.

I plan on getting a Blackjack as soon as my contract expires and it has all the features I want, but I kinda want the touch screen most PDAs have. Do you think I should get both?

Members don't see this ad.

If all you REALLY need are those 3 things only, you can get any phone ... iPhone, BlackJack, any Palm based or Windows Mobile based ... I have the iPhone and love it, however, until they release the SDK there are no extra official apps for the phone other than web-based apps. The Tilt from AT&T is great, I've seen it in person and loved it. But I guess it's up to personal preference after all.

I agree with LoKote.

If you only need those 3 features, then get a phone. You'll need a PDA in the latter years of pharmacy school for drug applications/databases, but not now as a pre-pharm student. If you buy a PDA now, you'll likely need (or want) a new one by the time pharmacy school comes around. So...why spend the money now on something that you will use so little?

I have had a Blackberry Pearl for a little over a year, and I love it. It is not touch screen, but the track ball us super user friendly and makes it very easy to navigate. I use the address book, calendar, and to-do list extensively. I have never used those features on my larger and heavier Palm. I only use it for my drug stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please help me find a good PDA?

I don't want to spend a whole lot, but I want to have a good one. All I really NEED is the datebook, address book, and to-do list.

I plan on getting a Blackjack as soon as my contract expires and it has all the features I want, but I kinda want the touch screen most PDAs have. Do you think I should get both?

I've got an ATT 8525. It's the Tilt, without the tilting. I didn't like the screen tilting. It has all three of the features you ask for plus whatever else you may need. I was able to pick it up for ~100 with a 2 yr contract. I am very happy with it...I am able to run Epocrates on it (if you dont know what that is, google it or PM me.)

The touch screen....well I don't know what I'd do without it! :thumbup:

don't get a blackberry pearl...had a bad experience with that, total waste of time/effort/money.

T-Mobile Dash was my favorite PDA type phone.

I can't speak for Palm Treo or any other touch screen type phone, this is just from personal experience (above).

I used to have a Palm Treo 700w through Verizon. I liked it but I was still in high school at the time so it was kind of a pain to carry around. It's not small but it did have lots of neat features and it was a touch screen. It was the Windows based version and I think it was replaced (at Verizon) by the 700wx. It was a good phone- easy to use and fun.

HTC Touch phone is amazing! Similar to iPhone only its a windows based pda-phone

I have the blackjack.
I love my phone... it helps me stay organized. I don't carry a bulky student planner anymore. (yay)

Also, I am able to run epocrates.