PDAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What PDAs and software would you guys recommend to incoming third year medical students?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

What PDAs and software would you guys recommend to incoming third year medical students?

Thanks.

Epocrates (the free one) is all I really use as far as stuff you d/l.

DopeWars is very good for passing time before rounds. You buy and sell cocaine and heroin and fight police.

My PDA came with a WordToGo program so alot of times I'll type up my own little guides to stuff, convert them, and upload. It's especially good when you are "reading around you pts" to outline that NEJM article and keep it on your PDA.

I bought a Palm Tungsten E2. It's cheap and basic, I think it is way to easy to spend $450 on something you don't use that much.

You'll probably get more answers posting this in the Tech Forum. There are also a lot of threads on the subject there already.

dopewars 2nd'd. loved that game in high school.

isilo is good for documents too. when i get enough money, i'm gonna shell out for PEPID.

i've used both palm and pocket pc, and techies will be happier with ppc. for most users, palm os will suffice.

definitely check out previous threads in the tech and clinical rotations forum. PMs welcome.

Dope wars, with links to various versions at the bottom