1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

PDs on SDN?

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by trkd, Nov 13, 2005.

1. trkd

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    How good is this EM forum? :thumbup: Everything you need to know, and things you don't you can always ask. I know someone said in another thread that this forum doesn't contain lots of path but we have PDs and senior residents posting left, right, and center (I don't know, maybe the other forums do to, but don't spoil my fun now).

I hope my PD-to-be posts on this forum. It seems pretty cool that they mingle with us little folk. Lets here it for the PDs and attendings on the forum. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love it!! :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. edinOH

edinOH Can I get a work excuse?
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The PDs don't post much, they just spend their time tracking ISP addresses and comparing them to their ERAS downloads. :eek:

No big deal.

4. BKN

BKN Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Nice joke, doctor. The students are paranoid enough during interview session without your help.

This the reason I was hesitant to get into this in the first place. My attention was brought to this board by one of my residents because of concerns about one of my actions (see the thread about having ck/cs or ce/pe done before ranking).

I don't post much because most of the time all of you get it right. I throw in my 2 cents when I think senior faculty might have a viewpoint or procedure that seems to be missing.

For the record, I've got no idea how to chase an ISP address and would never do it if I could.:)

BKN PD

5. EctopicFetus

EctopicFetus Keeping it funky enough
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Obviously only the Mods would have access to your ISP and even then it would have nothing to do with your ERAS app. Funny joke though.. :) I think besides BKN, there is an attending from Christiana who posts occasionally. I think it is great to have access (at least some) to the PDs during this time.

6. TysonCook

TysonCook Senior Member
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I do know that several of the Cincinnati attendings peruse this forum as well. I'm not sure of the PD, but I wouldn't be surprised as it is mentioned frequently.

I guess that I don't have to worry about them chasing ISP#s as it's fairly evident who I am :)

7. trkd

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree. I am not applying until next year around this time but this is a great way to get some answers before I go through it myself.

8. spyderdoc

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician

Hey Quinn, think we can get a little gig on the side supplying the PDs w/ the ISPs? I'm sure they're all just dying to know who all these stressed out applicants are.... :laugh:

9. trkd

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you do, let me know first and I can edit my posts. :D Away with all the incriminating evidence.

10. kungfufishing

kungfufishing Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician

The better racket is definitely on the student side of things. keep the checks coming in and your ISP is safe with your good friends here at SDN...

11. spyderdoc

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hmmmm, I like that....Maybe we can even start a bidding war....... :D