PDs viewing this site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adleyinga

Einstein
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Note to Monitor

Some PD do monitor this site. I can relay your feelings to the PDs at UAB and Emory. Happen to know them personally. Had dinner with PD of emory last weekend.
So try to control yourself ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Idiopathic said:
Its okay. He doesnt really have interviews there.

Maybe not, but if he ever did... could you imagine the look on his face if smack in the middle of an interview they brought up his posts? :wow:
What I'd give to see how that interview goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
adleyinga said:
Note to Monitor

Some PD do monitor this site. I can relay your feelings to the PDs at UAB and Emory. Happen to know them personally. Had dinner with PD of emory last weekend.
So try to control yourself ;)

yes, the dude was tasteless and offensive, but when threats of reporting such threads to PDs arise, personally I think that's tasteless as well. it's not as tasteless as monitors online behavior, but nonetheless jumping at such posts and threatening to tattle-tell ruins the freedom that these posts bring to us. this site has brought alot of information that we otherwise would never know. just ignore offensive posts, or when a post takes a nose dive to verbal deragatory insults, they should just be shut donw. in short, anyone who has the testosterone to report to a PD what they read on a peer discussion forum in the pretense of ruining a career should themselves get off the high horse.

your ethics are how you behave when (you think) no one is watching you, and are very relavant in resident selection. if someone is capable of that monitor's kind of ranting without any check on himself, and careless enough to understand that he can be easily identified by the information he ws bragging about, then you reap what you sow. i have a friend at the Penn program, and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't want an imbecile like that at their program, internet or not.

blocks said:
your ethics are how you behave when (you think) no one is watching you, and are very relavant in resident selection. if someone is capable of that monitor's kind of ranting without any check on himself, and careless enough to understand that he can be easily identified by the information he ws bragging about, then you reap what you sow. i have a friend at the Penn program, and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't want an imbecile like that at their program, internet or not.
I agree. Those posts weren't just "tasteless." They were downright offensive and derogatory, to men as well as women. :thumbdown: Making an off color or suggestive joke is perhaps "tasteless," and could be interpreted as a difference in sense of humor, but those posts went way, way over the line. It's bad enough that some people actually have these thoughts and feelings. But what's even worse is when people are comfortable broadcasting such feelings and thoughts to the whole world as if they were laudable and in keeping with the group's normal values and customs. Words *are* powerful, and they *can* hurt you. People can be slandered and have their reputations totally ruined. :(

i agree. i review this forum. i also try to meet as many candidates as possible when they come to visit our program. if i were to ever find out in person who might have posted such comments, it would certainly be brought to the chair's and the PD's attention. and, i can almost certainly assure you that ours would be one less program that such a candidate should bother ranking.

be careful what you say on here. it's not as anonymous as you might think.

VolatileAgent said:
i agree. i review this forum. i also try to meet as many candidates as possible when they come to visit our program. if i were to ever find out in person who might have posted such comments, it would certainly be brought to the chair's and the PD's attention. and, i can almost certainly assure you that ours would be one less program that such a candidate should bother ranking.

be careful what you say on here. it's not as anonymous as you might think.

Volitile Agent makes an excellent point - I have heard more than one admissions person & PD claim that they monitor the various on-line discussion groups. That is to say "I" heard them say so & not heard rumors of them doing so - no specific people will be mentioned. And, I strongly suspect that it would not be too difficult for someone who paid attention to finagle who it might be...I sure as hell would not want such a slap-down during an interview about some trash-talking I had typed out (either in fun or to simply be a rabble-rouser) in any on-line forum.

MedicinePowder said:
yes, the dude was tasteless and offensive, but when threats of reporting such threads to PDs arise, personally I think that's tasteless as well. it's not as tasteless as monitors online behavior, but nonetheless jumping at such posts and threatening to tattle-tell ruins the freedom that these posts bring to us. this site has brought alot of information that we otherwise would never know. just ignore offensive posts, or when a post takes a nose dive to verbal deragatory insults, they should just be shut donw. in short, anyone who has the testosterone to report to a PD what they read on a peer discussion forum in the pretense of ruining a career should themselves get off the high horse.

Nobody has to be a "tattle-tale" -- PDs actually DO read this site. I know the PD of my home medicine program reads it because I saw him looking at it on his laptop one day in morning report. Anesthesia PDs are also aware of it because in an interview last week, the PD at one program told me about the site (I feigned no knowledge) and referenced a review of their program on here. He suggested using the site to keep track of your thoughts on a program as you progress through the interview season. Sorry if that bursts your bubble on the supposed anonymity and "freedom" this site offers.

Also, let's not forget that your own posts on that thread were derogatory and insulting as well.

dave262 said:
Well then let me add some derogatory jokes...

looks like we've reached a new low.

not funny dude, not funny.

Nice PM I got today.

See how any interview goes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From reading your posts, you'll be lucky to see how any interview goes.

Good Luck

rotinoM-Monitor

BTW, he was banned for trolling. :laugh:

dave262 said:
Jeez, all three of my jokes were scrapped. I learned them from UTSW anesthesiology faculty too. *sniffle* Well everyone imagine that they were funny.

i imagined one was funny and i shot imaginary milk out of my nose.

my nose is real.

Free speech. Thats what makes this country great.

and guns and Hooters.

dave262 said:
Jeez, all three of my jokes were scrapped. I learned them from UTSW anesthesiology faculty too. *sniffle* Well everyone imagine that they were funny.

Sorry dave...things were getting heated in this thread & I thinkk you inadvertantly got caught up in the fireworks. The ass/u/me-tion was that you were a part of the inflammatory/troll-game...

Again, sorry for that!