1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

PDs viewing this site

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by adleyinga, Nov 12, 2005.

1. adleyinga

adleyinga Einstein
    5+ Year Member

Note to Monitor

Some PD do monitor this site. I can relay your feelings to the PDs at UAB and Emory. Happen to know them personally. Had dinner with PD of emory last weekend.
    So try to control yourself ;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Its okay. He doesnt really have interviews there.

4. lvspro

lvspro ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Maybe not, but if he ever did... could you imagine the look on his face if smack in the middle of an interview they brought up his posts? :wow:
    What I'd give to see how that interview goes.

5. Doctor&Geek

Doctor&Geek 25 > 5 / 15 < 8
    Physician PhD Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    How did that thread take so bad a turn for the worse? :(

6. MedicinePowder

MedicinePowder Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yes, the dude was tasteless and offensive, but when threats of reporting such threads to PDs arise, personally I think that's tasteless as well. it's not as tasteless as monitors online behavior, but nonetheless jumping at such posts and threatening to tattle-tell ruins the freedom that these posts bring to us. this site has brought alot of information that we otherwise would never know. just ignore offensive posts, or when a post takes a nose dive to verbal deragatory insults, they should just be shut donw. in short, anyone who has the testosterone to report to a PD what they read on a peer discussion forum in the pretense of ruining a career should themselves get off the high horse.

7. blocks

5+ Year Member

your ethics are how you behave when (you think) no one is watching you, and are very relavant in resident selection. if someone is capable of that monitor's kind of ranting without any check on himself, and careless enough to understand that he can be easily identified by the information he ws bragging about, then you reap what you sow. i have a friend at the Penn program, and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't want an imbecile like that at their program, internet or not.

8. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    I agree. Those posts weren't just "tasteless." They were downright offensive and derogatory, to men as well as women. :thumbdown: Making an off color or suggestive joke is perhaps "tasteless," and could be interpreted as a difference in sense of humor, but those posts went way, way over the line. It's bad enough that some people actually have these thoughts and feelings. But what's even worse is when people are comfortable broadcasting such feelings and thoughts to the whole world as if they were laudable and in keeping with the group's normal values and customs. Words *are* powerful, and they *can* hurt you. People can be slandered and have their reputations totally ruined. :(

9. VolatileAgent

VolatileAgent Livin' the dream
    7+ Year Member

i agree. i review this forum. i also try to meet as many candidates as possible when they come to visit our program. if i were to ever find out in person who might have posted such comments, it would certainly be brought to the chair's and the PD's attention. and, i can almost certainly assure you that ours would be one less program that such a candidate should bother ranking.

be careful what you say on here. it's not as anonymous as you might think.

10. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

Volitile Agent makes an excellent point - I have heard more than one admissions person & PD claim that they monitor the various on-line discussion groups. That is to say "I" heard them say so & not heard rumors of them doing so - no specific people will be mentioned. And, I strongly suspect that it would not be too difficult for someone who paid attention to finagle who it might be...I sure as hell would not want such a slap-down during an interview about some trash-talking I had typed out (either in fun or to simply be a rabble-rouser) in any on-line forum.

11. lilycat

Attending Physician
    Nobody has to be a "tattle-tale" -- PDs actually DO read this site. I know the PD of my home medicine program reads it because I saw him looking at it on his laptop one day in morning report. Anesthesia PDs are also aware of it because in an interview last week, the PD at one program told me about the site (I feigned no knowledge) and referenced a review of their program on here. He suggested using the site to keep track of your thoughts on a program as you progress through the interview season. Sorry if that bursts your bubble on the supposed anonymity and "freedom" this site offers.

Also, let's not forget that your own posts on that thread were derogatory and insulting as well.

12. djipopo

djipopo SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    looks like we've reached a new low.

not funny dude, not funny.

13. Revised by OMD due to content.

14. lvspro

lvspro ASA Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Nice PM I got today.

See how any interview goes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From reading your posts, you'll be lucky to see how any interview goes.

Good Luck

rotinoM-Monitor

BTW, he was banned for trolling. :laugh:

15. Trisomy13

Trisomy13 ultra
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i imagined one was funny and i shot imaginary milk out of my nose.

my nose is real.

16. MAC10

MAC10 A Pimp Named Slickback
    5+ Year Member

Free speech. Thats what makes this country great.

and guns and Hooters.

17. OldManDave

Attending Physician

Sorry dave...things were getting heated in this thread & I thinkk you inadvertantly got caught up in the fireworks. The ass/u/me-tion was that you were a part of the inflammatory/troll-game...

Again, sorry for that!

18. OldManDave

Attending Physician
    Hooters = "Adult Male Babysitting Centers of America"