Peak interview season?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoseyCali123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create my fourth year schedule. What were some of your peak interview season months? October? November? December? Janauary? My stats are a bit lower so I don't know if that means anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create my fourth year schedule. What were some of your peak interview season months? October? November? December? Janauary? My stats are a bit lower so I don't know if that means anything.
most interviews were November and December. Do you IM sub I and any tough required rotations during these months. I know this may be controversial. I used my vacation months during interview season and regret it. A couple of my friends were doing high workload rotations and got to miss multiple days for interviews. They are just chilling now while I still have to grind the rest of the year.

I spread my interviews throughout October, Nov, Dec, early January. I went on a lot of interviews so I still needed to use my vacation time for December and early January, where I had a number of interviews in a row. It definitely sucked to have to use my vacation time but I didn’t want to risk being given crap for being gone for half a rotation. I’m still doing my required school rotations right now while some people are almost done... I could have done them earlier, like Sept, but instead I did four psych sub-Is and I don’t regret it.
Ideally, you want some easy electives for Nov/Dec who will let you go on interviews. That way you can save your vacation time for the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
most interviews were November and December. Do you IM sub I and any tough required rotations during these months. I know this may be controversial. I used my vacation months during interview season and regret it. A couple of my friends were doing high workload rotations and got to miss multiple days for interviews. They are just chilling now while I still have to grind the rest of the year.

Know your school's policies about this. Students in my class were told they were not allowed to take days off for interviews (if they didn't block off vacation) and would fail rotations if they did. It was stupid, but a great example of why you should know your school's policies before planning this way

Reactions: 1 user
Know your school's policies about this. Students in my class were told they were not allowed to take days off for interviews (if they didn't block off vacation) and would fail rotations if they did. It was stupid, but a great example of why you should know your school's policies before planning this way
Yeah definitely know your schools policy. I’m just saying at mine we had unlimited days for interviews and I wasted vacation months when I could have been taking time off house medicine or required surgery month

so what were the peak months for your interview seasons? I am definitely following my school's policy and hence that is why i need to know when were most interviews coming.

Interviews range from October to January. Most are Nov-Dec.

As others have stated, October through January, with November and December being the peak interview months. That being said, make sure you leave a bit of flexibility in your January schedule (for at least a few interviews), as you may get some love from reach programs later in the season. A few other acquaintances and I got late invites in November for January interviews at some well regarded programs (with some of us matching to those programs). Even if those programs didn't include you in their first wave of interview invites, you could still match to the program with a January interview if you ended up presenting yourself well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was lower than average stats as well for step 1 and grades... I was done by mid December.

Bulk were in October November.