Pearson compared to PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atnguy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished taking my chemistry and biology courses over a year ago, I used Dr. Collins practice exams 2 weeks out, briefly did the actual study guides, and purchased person's #7 practice exam less than 24 hours before the exam. In comparison,

Pearson CHM 60%, PCAT 86
Pearson BIO 68%, PCAT 75

I did alright in the sciences, funny because I did a lot better in my biology courses than chemistry. As for CR and QR, lets just say I did bad enough to have to retake the exam :bang:

I regret doing the pearson exam last minute because the pearson / PCAT passages for CR are dramatically different in level of difficulty compared to collins. I did very good in collins, always had time to spare and only got about one or two questions wrong on each passage, however the actual PCAT I did HORRIBLE. Honestly, by the time I hit reading I was exhausted due to lack of sleep however I wasn't prepared for the difficulty also. I didn't even have time to read the last passage.

If you did well in CR, what did you use to study besides the pearson exams? How did you study for math also?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like several people on this forum had extreme difficulty with the CR section. What made this section so difficult? I just assumed it would be one of the easier sections, but this does not seem to be the case this round.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like several people on this forum had extreme difficulty with the CR section. What made this section so difficult? I just assumed it would be one of the easier sections, but this does not seem to be the case this round.
In comparison to the pearson practice test I would say its about the same, seems like most people on here used that however I relied my studies on Dr. Collins. Not sure what I should use to study from here ..

I finished taking my chemistry and biology courses over a year ago, I used Dr. Collins practice exams 2 weeks out, briefly did the actual study guides, and purchased person's #7 practice exam less than 24 hours before the exam. In comparison,

Pearson CHM 60%, PCAT 86
Pearson BIO 68%, PCAT 75

I did alright in the sciences, funny because I did a lot better in my biology courses than chemistry. As for CR and QR, lets just say I did bad enough to have to retake the exam :bang:

I regret doing the pearson exam last minute because the pearson / PCAT passages for CR are dramatically different in level of difficulty compared to collins. I did very good in collins, always had time to spare and only got about one or two questions wrong on each passage, however the actual PCAT I did HORRIBLE. Honestly, by the time I hit reading I was exhausted due to lack of sleep however I wasn't prepared for the difficulty also. I didn't even have time to read the last passage.

If you did well in CR, what did you use to study besides the pearson exams? How did you study for math also?

would you say that the collins helped you on the updated materials for bio and chem more than the pearsons?