Pearson PCAT practice tests

Started by khaytah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

khaytah

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about the practice tests from Pearson. Are they online? Are they available forever or do they expire?

What about the ones from Kaplan that come with the PCAT book prep?
 
Pearson: Online and they do expires! I bought mine for the October test week. My tests are still available and will expire after the January test week. No idea about Kaplan. I used Dr. Collins.
 
Pearson: Online and they do expires! I bought mine for the October test week. My tests are still available and will expire after the January test week. No idea about Kaplan. I used Dr. Collins.
Do you feel Dr. Collins is a reliable resource for the pcat? Or should I use both Pearson and Dr. Collins?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you feel Dr. Collins is a reliable resource for the pcat? Or should I use both Pearson and Dr. Collins?
I recommend using both of them! Focus on Dr. Collins first, do everything there timing yourself and then the last week, do the pearson's tests. I did that and got 95 composite.
 
You have nothing to lose by using the Pearson exams as a check to see how prepared you are. Since Pearsons administers the exam it should be a good tool for accurate measurement. Studying from them is pointless since they are unlikely to reuse the questions on the actual exam. But they can point out your deficiencies and allow you to spend your last bit of study time effectively.