Pearson practice exam issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Girlinthewindow

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm extremely unhappy with how Pearson's practice exams are. I am in the middle of my exam and all of a sudden nothing moves except my timer.

I hit "next" for the next question and nothing changes, does not go to the next question, and hitting the "previous" button -- same thing. Nothing goes anywhere. I tried opening a test in a different tab and a different browser and get the message of:
"
The PCAT Online Practice Test is temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please check back later today. Thank you for your patience.




Pearson | 19500 Bulverde Road | San Antonio, Texas 78259 | 1-800-622-3231
Copyright © 2010 by Pearson, Inc. All rights reserved. "

So I call the 800 number above and speak to a lady asking her what's going on -- she says that it is going to come back in a "few hours". I explained to her that I am literally in the middle of the test and wished that Pearson would have informed me of this prior to me taking the test.

I asked how long is a "few hours" she said: "I don't know.. try again in an hours... *click*" just hangs up on me.

Terrible support, the test looks like crap and outdated when compared to other companies. Very frustrated and unhappy with everything. $85 for 3 exams and this is what I get? Really?

Because of this interruption, it pretty much ruined my test for me and messes up with my grade estimation of the real exam.
 
For the RC, the passage is in a tiny scroll box above the questions, which is a tiny scroll box. You can't adjust it either. On the actual PCAT, the passage will be on the left half side of the screen, while the questions will be on the other half.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The RC part was a complete headache for me...I'm not sure if this was the same for you guys, but it seemed that whenever I scrolled up or down in the passage it took it like 10 seconds to refocus the words.