Pearson Practice Exams- Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shatoyajackson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
For those of you who took the July 20th PCAT & did the Pearson Practice Exams as well, did you find that the chemistry sections were pretty similar? I heard the math isn't very similar to the real thing... is that true? Thanks, any answer would be appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Math was harder. I don't know why but it seemed so difficult. But in terms of percentile I got about the same that I always do.

For chem, there was a lot of random stuff on there (that isn't really covered in other practice questions but that you should know). I think it's doable. I thought I did bad. But my score was good. So I have no clue.

Math was harder. I don't know why but it seemed so difficult. But in terms of percentile I got about the same that I always do.

For chem, there was a lot of random stuff on there (that isn't really covered in other practice questions but that you should know). I think it's doable. I thought I did bad. But my score was good. So I have no clue.

Not to be rude, but do you mind me asking whether the chem part had IR spec, mass spec, R/S configuration? I kind of skipped those sections.

Also could you elaborate a little on why the math section was harder?? More longer problems? :oops:

I also thought math was harder but it was probably because I didn't study a lot for the math section :eek: I was too busy studying for chem and bio :p

nope. none of that stuff. It's the same as the pearson tests. naming for orgo mainly, know trends, pv-nRT always comes in handy. The usual stuff :)

Not to be rude, but do you mind me asking whether the chem part had IR spec, mass spec, R/S configuration? I kind of skipped those sections.

Also could you elaborate a little on why the math section was harder?? More longer problems? :oops: