• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jul 25, 2011
New York
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello,
For those of you who took the July 20th PCAT & did the Pearson Practice Exams as well, did you find that the chemistry sections were pretty similar? I heard the math isn't very similar to the real thing... is that true? Thanks, any answer would be appreciated. :)

Jul 24, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
Math was harder. I don't know why but it seemed so difficult. But in terms of percentile I got about the same that I always do.

For chem, there was a lot of random stuff on there (that isn't really covered in other practice questions but that you should know). I think it's doable. I thought I did bad. But my score was good. So I have no clue.

May 15, 2010
Status
Math was harder. I don't know why but it seemed so difficult. But in terms of percentile I got about the same that I always do.

For chem, there was a lot of random stuff on there (that isn't really covered in other practice questions but that you should know). I think it's doable. I thought I did bad. But my score was good. So I have no clue.
Not to be rude, but do you mind me asking whether the chem part had IR spec, mass spec, R/S configuration? I kind of skipped those sections.

Also could you elaborate a little on why the math section was harder?? More longer problems? :oops:

About the Ads
Jul 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy

I also thought math was harder but it was probably because I didn't study a lot for the math section :eek: I was too busy studying for chem and bio :p

Jul 24, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
nope. none of that stuff. It's the same as the pearson tests. naming for orgo mainly, know trends, pv-nRT always comes in handy. The usual stuff :)

Not to be rude, but do you mind me asking whether the chem part had IR spec, mass spec, R/S configuration? I kind of skipped those sections.

Also could you elaborate a little on why the math section was harder?? More longer problems? :oops:

About the Ads