1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pearson Practice Exams- Chemistry

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by shatoyajackson, Jul 25, 2011.

1. shatoyajackson

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hello,
    For those of you who took the July 20th PCAT & did the Pearson Practice Exams as well, did you find that the chemistry sections were pretty similar? I heard the math isn't very similar to the real thing... is that true? Thanks, any answer would be appreciated. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. phabulous

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Math was harder. I don't know why but it seemed so difficult. But in terms of percentile I got about the same that I always do.

For chem, there was a lot of random stuff on there (that isn't really covered in other practice questions but that you should know). I think it's doable. I thought I did bad. But my score was good. So I have no clue.

4. warcax

2+ Year Member

Not to be rude, but do you mind me asking whether the chem part had IR spec, mass spec, R/S configuration? I kind of skipped those sections.

Also could you elaborate a little on why the math section was harder?? More longer problems? :oops:

5. G8T0RGRL00

Pre-Pharmacy
    I also thought math was harder but it was probably because I didn't study a lot for the math section :eek: I was too busy studying for chem and bio :p

6. phabulous

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    nope. none of that stuff. It's the same as the pearson tests. naming for orgo mainly, know trends, pv-nRT always comes in handy. The usual stuff :)