Pearson Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruthless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the first one out of the 2 I purchased. On the verbal and the sciences I score 78-82%. Does anyone know how this compares to the real one, per section. Additionally, are the Pearson exams really representative of the actual one? I appreciate any and all contributions to this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

I have purchased the tests too. I think they are comparing our score to the perfect score. As in if you got 3/4 right, your percentile is 75. I sure hope so, because that means scores will be curved on real exam with regard to how well others do.

Did they change how they score these? They used to give you a 20 percentile range. For example, they would tell you that you scored in the 80-99 percentile range. It wasn't super useful but you did get somewhat of a feel where you would score.

Did they change how they score these? They used to give you a 20 percentile range. For example, they would tell you that you scored in the 80-99 percentile range. It wasn't super useful but you did get somewhat of a feel where you would score.

Ye they give u the exact percentage and the percentile range just like u said. But i think its ridiculous because I get like 6-9 questions wrong and I get such a high percentile! 9 wrong out of 48 should be a ****ty score.

How about the math on the pearson? It seemed much harder then the kaplan and mccgraw hill practice tests? What do people study for the math section?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ye they give u the exact percentage and the percentile range just like u said. But i think its ridiculous because I get like 6-9 questions wrong and I get such a high percentile! 9 wrong out of 48 should be a ****ty score.

How about the math on the pearson? It seemed much harder then the kaplan and mccgraw hill practice tests? What do people study for the math section?

remember some questions are not taken into account on your scores.

my tests ended up corresponding pretty closely to my practice tests and I found them to be a good prep for the real one

remember some questions are not taken into account on your scores.

my tests ended up corresponding pretty closely to my practice tests and I found them to be a good prep for the real one

mind telling me your pearson and real score please?

Bought and took both practice tests. Went over any problems I got wrong thoroughly. Felt really good after taking these practice tests. Then took the October 17th PCAT. For my test booklet I would say that the bio section had about ten questions of similar difficulty level - and that maybe thirteen questions on the chem section were of the same difficulty level as the practice tests. Otherwise, no similarity whatsoever. I did not think the level of difficulty of the practice tests matched the difficulty level of the real thing. I would say the real thing was substantially harder.

Bought and took both practice tests. Went over any problems I got wrong thoroughly. Felt really good after taking these practice tests. Then took the October 17th PCAT. For my test booklet I would say that the bio section had about ten questions of similar difficulty level - and that maybe thirteen questions on the chem section were of the same difficulty level as the practice tests. Otherwise, no similarity whatsoever. I did not think the level of difficulty of the practice tests matched the difficulty level of the real thing. I would say the real thing was substantially harder.
Took 10/17 also. Bio was harder, too many specific questions on diseases. Chem was much harder on org chem section. Quant had less insane Calc II questions but had some real odd ones come up also (probability).

I just got home from the PCAT and I can say that at least this time around, the online practice tests do NOT relate well to the real deal!

Online I got 4 - 6 wrong tops in each section and it scores you as a range (in my case it said 74 - 94 ) in that general area. Don't get me wrong, this is good practice for timing etc...

But the actual tests are way harder. At least today's exam was!

The VA, Biology, Chem, RA were not bad at all - still had tricky points. But the QA was horrible!! I am pretty good at math and guessed on probably 15~ questions!!

With that said, I think they grade on how the masses do? ( I may be wrong ) So you get ranked based on your score of correct. So it is hard to base your ONLINE test score with the real thing.

Your ACTUAL test is compared to other tests of the same. There are like 20 versions of the active PCAT out there. I am not sure if you are compared to those that had your same test - or just category to category!

study hard and be prepared to no be prepared enough - with that said - be thorough in your studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!