Pearson Practice Test 3 vs. Real PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meteorstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if pearson practice test #3 has the same level of difficulty as the real pcat?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm retaking the PCAT and I want to let you know that the Real one is much harder than the pearson practice tests :)

Real one is harder overall than Practice test 3. Practice test 3 is harder than practice tests 1 and 2. Like other have said, the math on the actual PCAT is brutal. Nothing I studied prepared me for it and I studied quant for many many hours. Other sections are comparable with slightly more difficult and/or obscure content overall compared to pearson practice exam 3. Consider practice tests 1 and 2 warmups. 3 is closest but still falls short in terms of overall difficulty.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Practice Test 1 & 2 both say August 2008. I want to make sure before I buy that they are different. Does anyone know? (The message that pops up when I hit "purchase" says, "Make sure that you do not purchase access to the same practice test more than once, unless that is your intention." I am confused? Are they different versions, the exact same thing? I thought you were allowed access to the exam more than once until January? Someone please enlighten me on the practice test. Thanks!!
Amy

Practice Test 1 & 2 both say August 2008. I want to make sure before I buy that they are different. Does anyone know? (The message that pops up when I hit "purchase" says, "Make sure that you do not purchase access to the same practice test more than once, unless that is your intention." I am confused? Are they different versions, the exact same thing? I thought you were allowed access to the exam more than once until January? Someone please enlighten me on the practice test. Thanks!!
Amy

They're different. You can actually purchase them again since you're only allowed to score each exam once but I don't know why someone would do that.

Amy
Have you purchased the practice tests for a past testing year (say 2010-2011 testing year) or is this the first time that you are purchasing them?

I purchased them for the previous testing year (2010-2011), and I believe I got the same message when I purchased them again this testing year (2011-2012).