Pearson Practice Tests

Started by gabbybpm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gabbybpm

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm taking the PCAT in July and thought about buying Pearson Practice tests. I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions of the test and their worth?

I already have the most recent Collins guide, PCAT destroyer, a Kaplan 2012-2013 PCAT book, and Master the PCAT.

I'm reluctant to spend even more money on prepping for this test, but I don't really enjoy or learn a lot from reviewing the same study guides over and over again, so I know I would benefit from any new presentation of the material. Was just wondering if they were worth getting, or if I have enough to work with. Thoughts appreciated, thanks!
 
They were the best part of my prep. But I only used the Kaplan book. Knowing how to manage your time and the question presentation helps a bunch. I didn't use Collins so I can't compare to that.
 
I used Collins, then the Pearson tests. The Pearson tests were way more helpful than Dr. Collins! Don't even bother with Dr. Collins; just take the Pearson tests, figure out which areas you need to relearn, and target your study to those areas alone. Much faster and more accurate, too.
 
Hi, I'm taking the PCAT in July and thought about buying Pearson Practice tests. I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions of the test and their worth?

I already have the most recent Collins guide, PCAT destroyer, a Kaplan 2012-2013 PCAT book, and Master the PCAT.

I'm reluctant to spend even more money on prepping for this test, but I don't really enjoy or learn a lot from reviewing the same study guides over and over again, so I know I would benefit from any new presentation of the material. Was just wondering if they were worth getting, or if I have enough to work with. Thoughts appreciated, thanks!
Hi Gabby, I notice you say you have the most recent Dr Collins guide. May I ask you what year it is? Is it 2014? I want to know if there are newest versions out there compare to what I have: 2013.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used Collins, then the Pearson tests. The Pearson tests were way more helpful than Dr. Collins! Don't even bother with Dr. Collins; just take the Pearson tests, figure out which areas you need to relearn, and target your study to those areas alone. Much faster and more accurate, too.
Is it worth it to purchase the Kaplan course to prepare for the PCAT?
 
well done,just get Dr. Collins and the kaplan book and study on ur own... all my friends said the kaplan course was a waste of their money.
7iMxsC
 
I think the tests are worth it. What I'm doing is studying a section from Dr. Collins and when I feel like I know all of the material I take the Pearson test in that subject to see how prepared I actually am. From the questions you miss you can figure out what areas to work on.

It's true that you can do the same thing with any practice test but since it's the "official" practice test it might hit an area that Collins didn't mention

Plus it gives you an estimated percentile ranking which is nice