pearson practise test # 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

waterloowannabe

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey
I just took the second practise test with pearson and ended up scoring really bad on the QA section.. percentile: 30 - 50% 🙁

I felt that the questions took too long to do (for one Q, you need to find the inflection point, i.e. 2nd derivative, which takes 5 mins to do!)

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

I know I wouldnt have done so bad if the questions were more reasonable for the time provided ..

Thanks!
 
Hey
I just took the second practise test with pearson and ended up scoring really bad on the QA section.. percentile: 30 - 50% 🙁

I felt that the questions took too long to do (for one Q, you need to find the inflection point, i.e. 2nd derivative, which takes 5 mins to do!)

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

I know I wouldnt have done so bad if the questions were more reasonable for the time provided ..

Thanks!

If you see something like that on the test, which I did not see on mine, you should most definitely guess on it immediately.
 
Hey
I just took the second practise test with pearson and ended up scoring really bad on the QA section.. percentile: 30 - 50% 🙁

I felt that the questions took too long to do (for one Q, you need to find the inflection point, i.e. 2nd derivative, which takes 5 mins to do!)

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

I know I wouldnt have done so bad if the questions were more reasonable for the time provided ..

Thanks!


I just took the first practice test with pearson and i did horrible!!!😕
I got
VA 15-35
Bio 65-85
Chem80-99
RC 1-20
QA 65-85
Composite 45-70

I'm studyin with collins and I tried to take this exam like the actual exam..
From my exam, I thought Bio and QA was harder than what i expected to be.

QA was the last section (especially after RC, my brain was already tired) so I don't think I did my best
but still there were some tough questions like related rates and such..
I think if you take 5min to do 2nd deriv, you need more practice in QA.. those should be done in less than 30 sec... and it's def. doable!!
For Bio, I thought i'd do better but to me bio questions were much harder than i expected...

and chem questions were easier than i expected (less calculation questions so more time!)

My overall was pulled down b/c of my VA and RC but.. I don't even know how to study for them... (english is not my first language)
I think i'll just work on bio.QA and chem to pull up my composite 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the first practice test with pearson and i did horrible!!!😕
I got
VA 15-35
Bio 65-85
Chem80-99
RC 1-20
QA 65-85
Composite 45-70

I'm studyin with collins and I tried to take this exam like the actual exam..
From my exam, I thought Bio and QA was harder than what i expected to be.

QA was the last section (especially after RC, my brain was already tired) so I don't think I did my best
but still there were some tough questions like related rates and such..
I think if you take 5min to do 2nd deriv, you need more practice in QA.. those should be done in less than 30 sec... and it's def. doable!!
For Bio, I thought i'd do better but to me bio questions were much harder than i expected...

and chem questions were easier than i expected (less calculation questions so more time!)

My overall was pulled down b/c of my VA and RC but.. I don't even know how to study for them... (english is not my first language)
I think i'll just work on bio.QA and chem to pull up my composite 🙁

I took the PCAT twice and i can tell you that the actual PCAT is harder than those practice tests. This may be a bit harsh but it the bitter truth. Be prepared now so you do not regret after the test.