Pediatric cardiac EP *help*

Triptrip

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm currently a high school senior 4.25 gpa. I'm hoping to go to a BA/MD program and become a pediatric cardiac EP. I just had a few questions on the topic.
1)How much school do I need ?
2) How much money do they make?
3) what are there work hours like? 5am-3pm possible????
4) Work eviorment?
Thankyou so much.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was in high school, I was the type of person who would get really stressed out if I didn't have a clear vision of the future, so I understand why you're asking a question like this. That said, it's not a good idea to worry so much about what specialties of medicine you'd end up doing. Just because something sounds cool on paper doesn't mean that it will actually interest you when you try it. That schedule is extremely unlikely in any medical specialty.

Reactions: 1 user
Three threads on this while in high school? One thing at a time, young padawan.

Slow down!

You are in high school and are asking about a job that involves three layers of specialization (pediatrics residency, cardiology fellowship, and EP fellowship) beyond medical school. You are at least 16 years away from independently practicing in this sub-subspecialty and along the way you will experience many different areas of medicine with many branching career paths that you may end up following instead.