Pediatric Cardiology Lifestyle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

diamonddoc

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I am interested in cards but I when I ask some more detailed questions about lifestyle and job opportunities I get the "You can make of it whatever you want" type of answer. How good can it be? What is the advantage of doing the cardiology fellowship, working very hard, and getting paid less than what most general peds make, add up to make sense to pursue this field. I enjoy cards but how can I design my future to make this field more appealing to me? I know for a fact that the starting salary in a New York City based hospital for cardiology is about 115,000. That's crazy.

Thanks.