Pediatric Critical Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Attendings, fellows, aspiring residents and medical students please contribute.

Members don't see this ad.

Attendings, fellows, aspiring residents and medical students please contribute.

As in how? Not exactly a specific opening post...

Anyways, it's on the list of possible fields for me. Worked on the PICU for a short while before med school and loved it. Nice variety of things from congenital defects and syndroms to trauma and what not. Good stuff.

I've heard the market for PICU docs is pretty good (not just salary specifically, but more so that you can pretty go whereever you want to), but that's just hearsay. Anybody else know any better about this?

As in how? Not exactly a specific opening post...

Anyways, it's on the list of possible fields for me. Worked on the PICU for a short while before med school and loved it. Nice variety of things from congenital defects and syndroms to trauma and what not. Good stuff.

I've heard the market for PICU docs is pretty good (not just salary specifically, but more so that you can pretty go whereever you want to), but that's just hearsay. Anybody else know any better about this?

PICU is high on my list ... I think its less than competitive. I've heard low salary, high stress ... I've only had one PICU experience, and I loved it. We'll see, no PICU my first year of residency ... so I guess I'll be waiting a year to see if I like it as much as I think I will. Love to hear what everyone else has to say.