pediatric dental hospital based programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dds858

I'll be applying to peds this year and was wondering if anyone can give me advice on good hospital training programs. I've heard Monte, LIJ, and St. Christopher....anywhere else? Does anyone have details on these programs? I would move anywhere for good training. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying to peds this year and was wondering if anyone can give me advice on good hospital training programs. I've heard Monte, LIJ, and St. Christopher....anywhere else? Does anyone have details on these programs? I would move anywhere for good training. Thanks!

Those are NY programs. There are MANY good hospital programs across the country that you should look into. A good starting place is the AAPD website, but you might have already looked at it. It lists the residency programs and whether or not they are hospital based.

(I actually think LIJ is a terrible program, but that's just my opinion from what I've seen when I was there once a month during my residency in NY).

I think that Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin are widely considered to be very strong hospital programs.

It's important to realize that every pedo program (university, combined, or hospital based) has a hospital component to it. Factors that I feel are just as if not more important than type of program are number/quality of faculty, size of patient population, and diversity of patient population. Just something to think about.

Members don't see this ad :)
The ucla program at rady children's in san diego is a very strong program. The program is well integrated to the hospital. Probably a tough place for new grads as they see 90% developmentally disabled. Each resident will be in on about 90 OR cases as chief operator.

Yes, St. Christopher's program is rather good. I had my peds there two years ago. They were able to cover pretty much everything on the curriculum