Pediatric Endocrinology Salaries

Started by drdiva16
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiva16

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a quick question. I am very interested in the field of Pediatric Endocrinology, specifically the rise of type 2 diabetes in children. On FREIDA and numerous sites, I noted that the average salary of a Pediatric Endocrinologist is significantly less than that of a General Pediatrician ($187,000 vs. $209,000). Is this true? If so, why is that the case? Also, is the salary much less if one works in an academic institution? I know that we didn't (or shouldn't) go into medicine for the money, but it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that I'll spend three additional years of training for a salary that is less than if I complete three. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
Huh? I believe that OBP and I both posted on this thread a few hours ago - where'd the posts go?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.