Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
First off, I'm not quite sure if this is the right place for this thread... Mods, feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if so!
I'm a medical student trying to figure out my plans for future practice environment and specialty. I really think that I want to do close to 100% clinical work, with little to no time spent on research. Additionally, I am very interested in pediatric heme/onc. But I'm worried that these two career ideals are incompatible. It is my concern that pediatric heme/onc is a highly academic field, with attendings spending most of their time on research and only seeing patients one day a week or so. Is this accurate, or not? I'm still trying to figure all of this out, so more information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much!
First off, I'm not quite sure if this is the right place for this thread... Mods, feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if so!
I'm a medical student trying to figure out my plans for future practice environment and specialty. I really think that I want to do close to 100% clinical work, with little to no time spent on research. Additionally, I am very interested in pediatric heme/onc. But I'm worried that these two career ideals are incompatible. It is my concern that pediatric heme/onc is a highly academic field, with attendings spending most of their time on research and only seeing patients one day a week or so. Is this accurate, or not? I'm still trying to figure all of this out, so more information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much!