Pediatric heme/onc interest

Started by mke520
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mke520

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone help me out with describing some different career opportunities in peds heme/onc in regards to amount of time in research vs. clinical time? I understand peds heme/onc is a very research oriented specialty, but are there any peds heme/onc attendings who do minimal research and primarily do the clinical side of heme/onc? I really enjoy the field of peds heme/onc and find the research fascinating (not so much doing the research), but I would enjoy the clinical side of peds heme/onc and patient/family interactions much more than conducting research. Any input on this would be much appreciated.