Pediatric Heme/Onc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

*hopefully*

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm starting my 4th year with an elective in Pediatric Heme/Onc. I was just wondering if there are any good resources to prep for the rotation. Any books anyone would recommend? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Im also a 4th year taking a peds heme/onc elective. I was recommended to get The Children's Hospital Oakland Heme/Onc Handbook. $40 or so on Amazon.

The Pediatric Oncology handbook from MD Anderson is supposed to be good as well, but no heme stuff.

Peds Heme/Onc Secrets looked OK, but I don't care for the secrets series (only a personal preference).

~Crazy

I did a sub-I in peds heme/onc a couple of months ago and a really awesome text that I used during the rotation was Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology. Borrow from an attending or library. A good book on hematology was Hematologic Disorders in Children...the book is out of print, but I borrowed it from my attending. UptoDate and Ped Heme/Onc Secrets are good books for quick reference.

I used Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Secrets, which I found to be useful. I hope you enjoy the rotation--its awesome!