Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Application and Interview Thread 2025-2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PHMapplicant

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I wanted to get a thread started for PHM application things! I will plan to post interview invites as they are received, please do the same!
 
I agree to the 👆. Why would you waste 2 years in a fellowship you are well trained to do while in residency? People like you keep on encouraging this scam!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you all for your input, but this was not what the thread was meant for.

Anyway, for those actually interested in PHM fellowship, Cincinnati sent out communication via ERAS on 7/22 that they had received applications and will start offering invites 8/4.
 
Comunications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:

Rejections:
 
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock

Rejections:
 
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
8/1 - SLU

Rejections:
 
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
8/1 - SLU
8/4 - LSU
8/4 - SUNY Upstate
8/4 - UAB
8/4 -UAMS
8/4 - MUSC
8/4 - University of Louisville

Rejections:
8/4 - Vanderbilt
 
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
8/1 - SLU
8/4 - LSU
8/4 - SUNY Upstate
8/4 - UAB
8/4 -UAMS
8/4 - MUSC
8/4 - University of Louisville

Rejections:
8/4 - Vanderbilt
did you apply to any chicago or michigan programs?
 
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
8/1 - SLU
8/4 - LSU
8/4 - SUNY Upstate
8/4 - UAB
8/4 -UAMS
8/4 - MUSC
8/4 - University of Louisville
8/4 - UTSW
8/4 - University of Tennessee
8/4 - Johns Hopkins All Childrens

Rejections:
8/4 - Vanderbilt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
8/1 - SLU
8/4 - LSU
8/4 - SUNY Upstate
8/4 - UAB
8/4 -UAMS
8/4 - MUSC
8/4 - University of Louisville
8/4 - UTSW
8/4 - University of Tennessee
8/4 - Johns Hopkins All Childrens

Rejections:
8/4 - Vanderbilt
Where else did you end up hearing from?
 
I havnt heard from any programs in a week… and still have several I havnt heard from… at this point is it safe to assume will not be getting an interview from the places I havnt heard from?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Communications:
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
8/1 - SLU
8/4 - LSU
8/4 - SUNY Upstate
8/4 - UAB
8/4 -UAMS
8/4 - MUSC
8/4 - University of Louisville
8/4 - UTSW
8/4 - University of Tennessee
8/4 - Johns Hopkins All Children's

Rejections:
8/4 - Vanderbilt
8/11 - Cincinnati
 
I havnt heard from any programs in a week… and still have several I havnt heard from… at this point is it safe to assume will not be getting an interview from the places I havnt heard from?
That seems to be the case, there's two programs I haven't heard from and was wondering the same.
 
I am waiting on a lot programs still 🙁 For whoever was asking I did hear from UPMC last week I think. Anyone hear from Colorado or Stanford yet?
 
Communications:
7/17 - University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center
7/22 - Cincinnati - sending interview invites 8/4
7/23 - SUNY Upstate - sending interview invites 8/4

Interview offers:
7/21 - Phoenix Children's Hospital
7/22 - Indiana University
7/22 - Nationwide Children's Hospital
7/24 - WashU/St. Louis Children's
7/24 - U of Texas MD Anderson
7/28 - Cincinnati Children's Hospital
7/30 - Texas Tech Lubbock
7/31 - Rainbow Babies
7/29, 8/4 - University of Tennessee
8/1 - SLU
8/4, 8/5 - Northwestern/Lurie Children's Hospital
8/4 - LSU
8/4 - SUNY Upstate
8/4 - UAB
8/4 -UAMS
8/4 - MUSC
8/4 - University of Louisville
8/4 - UTSW
8/4 - Johns Hopkins All Children's
8/7 - Emory/Atlanta Children's
8/11 - UMich/Mott Children's
8/15 - Children's National

Rejections:
8/4 - Vanderbilt
8/11 - Cincinnati
8/15 - Seattle’s



Did you mean to post this on PHM? A lot of these programs didn’t send first round invites till 8/4. Did you mean NICU?…
 
I reached out to UPMC about an interview and that they said they were full for the season. Is it normal? That programs will just straight up ghost us and not even send a rejection?
 
Please.

I see you removed the same type of comments from the beginning of the thread, right? Nope.

Get off your high horse.
I can’t imagine being so miserable that you have to comb through Student doctor network threads for a sub specialty you’re not even applying to. We all make sacrifices to do the jobs that we aspire to have. I have zero regrets of applying for hospital medicine fellowship, this is the job that I have always dreamed of and this is what’s necessary to get there.
 
I can’t imagine being so miserable that you have to comb through Student doctor network threads for a sub specialty you’re not even applying to. We all make sacrifices to do the jobs that we aspire to have. I have zero regrets of applying for hospital medicine fellowship, this is the job that I have always dreamed of and this is what’s necessary to get there.

No skin off my back personally, but I have family and friends that are hurt by this and loser sheep mentality such as the above cheapens your own credentials.
 
Interview offers:
8/4 - USCD, Stanford, New York Pres/Columbia/Cornell, Lurie, Montefiorie, Cincinnati
8/5 - Children's National
8/8 - CHLA
8/11 - Seattle
8/19 - CHOP

Haven't heard anything from Boston or Colorado.
 
I can’t imagine being so miserable that you have to comb through Student doctor network threads for a sub specialty you’re not even applying to. We all make sacrifices to do the jobs that we aspire to have. I have zero regrets of applying for hospital medicine fellowship, this is the job that I have always dreamed of and this is what’s necessary to get there.
Feel free to delete this but it must be said. No one is miserable. You are completely prepared to be a pediatric hospitalist leaving residency. You are a strong hospital physician. It hurts the specialty as a whole because it forces others to do it and financially hamstring the person for another year. This has real implications to people’s lives, finances, and workforce.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since y'all didn't take my warning seriously last time, I'm starting to hand out warnings and thread bans.

Anyone else who posts here bashing the fellowship will get a post hold.

Start your own thread to bitch about the fellowship if you just can't stop yourselves from complaining about it.