Pediatric in ny

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LAO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im an international dentist who did two years of advanced standing.
I got an interview in New York
Im planning on ranking it high but my problem is I called the boards of dental license and they told me I have to have 60 hours of dental school education, I dont know if this applies to my school. I graduated from Rutgers. Or is this on my previous school from my homeland?
Did anyone go through this?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Im an international dentist who did two years of advanced standing.
I got an interview in New York
Im planning on ranking it high but my problem is I called the boards of dental license and they told me I have to have 60 hours of dental school education, I dont know if this applies to my school. I graduated from Rutgers. Or is this on my previous school from my homeland?
Did anyone go through this?
Thank you
Hi! It's 60 credits of predental education (college). Since you are an FTD, most likely you didn't attend college before dental school and NYS will evaluate your homecountry school's transcript and will accept some of the courses. I have a friend who is now in PG Prosth at NYU and she didn't have to go through the credit eval though. However I myself couldn't get into NY GPR exactly for the reason you mentioned, practice directors had issues with FTDs in the past so didn't want to deal with me and I ended up attending residency in NJ. Recently I applied for an NYS license with my Ukrainian and US diploma and got only 30 credits that counted out of required 60. They offered to attend college for some random courses like history, literature, etc or take CLEP or DSST tests. Hope this info helps.

Reactions: 1 user