Pediatric Nerocritical Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cautiousvampire

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm under the impression that there are very few pediatric neurocritical care fellowships (any outside of northwestern?). However, this is a field I am very interested in. Coming out of a EM/peds combined program would it make more sense to do a general neurocritical care fellowship or a pediatric critical care fellowship. Again, my end goal would be to split time in the ED and the ICU(focusing on neuro)/NICU at a peds hospital. I am leaning towards general neurocritical and assume that most peds patients end up in the general NICU, due to the small number of dedicated Peds NICUs. Any other info on the field would be great, including demand, etc. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry about the title, my "u" button keeps getting stuck.😳
 
Last edited: