Pediatric Neurology for overseas doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

childrensdoc

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Friends,
I am a pediatrician, working in UK, and have completed MRCPCH.
Is it possible for me to apply directly to fellowships in pediatric neurology in the US without passong the USMLE (Even tthough I wish to return back to UK after my training, and dont want to practice in US???
All suggestions wellcome.
Cheers
 
childrensdoc said:
Hello Friends,
I am a pediatrician, working in UK, and have completed MRCPCH.
Is it possible for me to apply directly to fellowships in pediatric neurology in the US without passong the USMLE (Even tthough I wish to return back to UK after my training, and dont want to practice in US???
All suggestions wellcome.
Cheers

I guess only research fellowships. No diresct patient care is allowed without USMLE.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know a few people who are trying to do fellowships coming from a British system, and the USMLE's are a must (I'm not sure whether you need Step 3, but 1 and 2 seem pretty written in stone). However, places like Sick kids in Toronto accept most british qualifications, if you're interested....
 
Hi

Research fellowships are possible without usmle but Clinical fellowship is not possible without usmle.Only advantage you may have is you have an option to do fellowship first( Any fellowship) without going through residency or intern year.You have two options after that. You can go back to your home country or do a fast track residency( 2 years instead of three) in USA and practice in USA.