Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wrx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What cool procedures do orthopods do? I feel deprived since I didn't get to work on any ortho cases during my Surgery rotation. The thing is I love working on cars, landscaping, remodeling the house, etc... but the whole surgery lifestyle/hours/residents doesn't really appeal to me. I'm also leaning towards an interventional field (cards or rads). Please advise...

Members don't see this ad.

wrx said:
What cool procedures do orthopods do? I feel deprived since I didn't get to work on any ortho cases during my Surgery rotation. The thing is I love working on cars, landscaping, remodeling the house, etc... but the whole surgery lifestyle/hours/residents doesn't really appeal to me. I'm also leaning towards an interventional field (cards or rads). Please advise...

Not sure what this post is about (pedipods, joints or just genortho).

We do tons of cool stuff.

No one can tell you what ortho is like in 8-12 posts. You ought to do a rotation or two. There is no substitute for the medical student.

If you don't like surgery and want to play with contrast and balloons over wires, then go IR or cards. But you will work quite hard on both--close to what ortho does.

Bottom line: you need to do some rotations and see how it all works before deciding a direction.