Pediatric Residency in Macon, GA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdawgflow

Christ follower
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello 4th year prospective Pediatricians,

Our program is looking for prospective candidates through the Match. We want to congratulate you on reaching this stage in your career. As you search out programs, we would love for you to give our program strong consideration. Because it is a small, many people do not know about the Pediatric Residency in Macon, GA. This is unfortunate as we have an excellent program.

We used this site last year and found a great candidate (from New York!) to fill a 2nd year spot for 2012-2013 as we sadly had a resident pass away at the end of 2011. It is our hope to continue this trend of sharing the benefits of our program here on studentdoctor.net in an effort to attract more candidates who might have otherwise never heard of our program.

I believe you will be impressed when you check us out. Feel free to reply to this thread, private message (PM) me, call our program secretary (Teresa Beard) at 478-633-7500, or email her at [email protected]

Our program page is -- http://mccgpediatrics.org/

Some program highlights include:

3 weeks vacation each year
1 week CME vacation each year
1 week of holiday vacation each year
(5 weeks total)

2 full weekends off per month
Fully paid health and dental for resident and all dependents
Very cheap vision insurance for resident and all dependents
Fully paid life, disability, and liability insurance for resident
Very competitive salary with low cost of living
$1,500 CME allowance for each year
Paid AAP membership

Meal allowance (bi-weekly) and free food in resident lounge
Individual call rooms with bed, computer, and TV
Free parking with hospital and clinic 1 block apart

Free PREP for all residents each year
Weekly dedicated board review time using MedStudy (Wednesday 11:00-1:30)
Regular noon conferences M/Tu/Th/F (weekly review, journal club, grand rounds, subspecialty, etc)
Sim Lab for PALS training with PICU attendings (at least monthly; also random mock codes)

Small program with 6 residents per year
Very close knit group of residents and Attendings (we have Attendings cell phone #'s)
Teaching hospital and regular interaction with medical students

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am very interested in peds. I did 1 yr of FM in ACGME accredited program and finished this July. Have over 1 yr of peds. residency in Jordan. I am very interested in your program and have already applied to. I am available to start anytime. If you need more info, feel free to contact me. Thanks.