Pediatric Shelf, ran out of time, possible to pass?

Started by aldol
Tags Tags
shelf exam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aldol

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the pediatric Shelf, I felt like I was doing okay, but ran out of time. I made it to question 95. I won't get my score till Monday and am anxious. There were 110 questions total, is there any likelihood of passing (meaning >5th percentile)?
Also, I was not able to even put random choices for the remaining 15 questions
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can most definitely pass if you were answering well on the ones you did pass. I would really recommend pacing yourself better though. You need to at least look at the clock every 10 minutes or so to make sure you are on track. I always divided the time in half and said that at this point, I needed to be halfway done with questions. If I wasn't, here's what I did:

For hard questions I was stuck on, just guessed and flagged it
If I did do well, moves on quickly

Best of luck. I know it can be stressful
 
You can most definitely pass if you were answering well on the ones you did pass. I would really recommend pacing yourself better though. You need to at least look at the clock every 10 minutes or so to make sure you are on track. I always divided the time in half and said that at this point, I needed to be halfway done with questions. If I wasn't, here's what I did:

For hard questions I was stuck on, just guessed and flagged it
If I did do well, moves on quickly

Best of luck. I know it can be stressful


I appreciate your comment buddy. Ended up passing, lucked out