Pediatric steth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

signumvitalis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for all the peds anesthesiologists out there:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent pediatric stethoscope? I want to purchase a 'graduation' present for a friend who is about to start a peds anesthesia fellowship in July. I am looking for suggestions for a stethoscope that would be a good one to start his fellowship with.

He is rather tall and requested a stethoscope that had longer tubing. His back tends to hurt from leaning over too much.

Any suggestions on good peds stethoscopes? Any suggestions on manufacturers who make longer tubing or customizable tubing?

Much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I just use a Littman Cardiology 3. I use the smaller side for peds. Granted, it's not "NICU baby" size, but NICU babies will likely have their own stethoscope in the room to prevent transmission of whatever you're carrying to the baby. That's probably not the answer you were looking for though. But the one I use works even for babies. Probably moreso than a neonatal stethoscope would be for a large teenager.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just use a Littman Cardiology 3. I use the smaller side for peds. Granted, it's not "NICU baby" size, but NICU babies will likely have their own stethoscope in the room to prevent transmission of whatever you're carrying to the baby. That's probably not the answer you were looking for though. But the one I use works even for babies. Probably moreso than a neonatal stethoscope would be for a large teenager.

Second that. It's an excellent stethoscope.

Do people still carry steths with infection control, cheap disposables and bedside echo?

When I bought one Welch Allen had by far the best acoustics

Do people still carry steths with infection control, cheap disposables and bedside echo?

When I bought one Welch Allen had by far the best acoustics
you getting good images on wriggly 2 and a half year olds?