Pediatrics really gets the shaft on salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most specialties would love to have almost 100% of their patients covered by insurance. Peds is the only specialty besides the "elective" guys like plastic surg or derm to have such large percentage of "paying" patients.

Many of the fools on this site who want universal healthcare insist docs will actually make MORE money because 100% of their patients will be "paying customers." Peds is a shining example of their faulty logic.

Members don't see this ad.

Its a bit early to say if a particular specialty is going to be earning more or less with universal healthcare as..and correct me if i'm wrong here, nobody has put out a nitty gritty plan on how to implement such a thing in the US. Sure Clinton is saying, "healthcare of children", obama, "universal healthcare" but its all political wanking until someone actually comes up with something concrete.

I would be a bit sad if the medical community's only contribution would be, "what is our salary gonna be like?"

Z

Most specialties would love to have almost 100% of their patients covered by insurance. Peds is the only specialty besides the "elective" guys like plastic surg or derm to have such large percentage of "paying" patients.

Many of the fools on this site who want universal healthcare insist docs will actually make MORE money because 100% of their patients will be "paying customers." Peds is a shining example of their faulty logic.

Spectacular post ...