• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Pediatrics Residency applications up dramatically?

DesertMed

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2007
  1. Medical Student
Hi All!

I've heard from a few of my friends who are applying for residency now that pediatric residency programs are reporting a dramatic increase in the number of applicants this year. Have other people been hearing that too?

Thanks!

twilburys

10+ Year Member
May 3, 2008
  1. Medical Student
I remember hearing the same thing last year (about the number of applications increasing), and I don't think there was a dramatic increase in the net number of people applying to peds, so who knows.

I haven't heard anything this year, but in talking with other applicants during my interviews it seems like people are applying to more programs. Many people I talked to said that they applied to and are interviewing at 20 or more programs (some did say 15 or so), which seems like a lot for the typical peds applicant. Maybe people were just trying to cast a wider net this year.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.