pediatrics shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktat72

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, are there any sorts of questions on the shelf where you have calculations?

Members don't see this ad.

I took it in December and no, no calculations.

P.S. there was a previous string about this not too long ago, where I said that I used Pre-Test and did just fine.

No calculations, no developmental questions, no shot questions (at least on the shelf I took). I seem to recall that ID and Hematology were popular topics on mine, but I really can't remember...

:)

Just took it today:

no calculations. I had no questions on developmental milestones, surprisingly. I had lots and lots of ID questions, four or five color pictures of exanthems or anomalies (very common ones, easy answers).

I had over 6 questions on "kid w/ limp" or kid w/ joint pain .. etc. About five questions on hematology at the end that dealt w/ anemia -- know the different anemias in kids! post-viral syndome questions .. about three.

Acne tx, not very many questions (if at all) on drug side effects. Oh, RTA .. just be able to recognize it by electrolyte numbers. Rickets ..

Pre-test, FA for Wards (peds section), and BP were just fine for this exam. Best of luck!