Peds Boards are Coming, and I Need Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Residency Pleas

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has finally hit me that the boards are fast approaching and I need to really start studying. As of tomorrow, we've got 11 weeks. I recently started a busy fellowship in a new town, but I'm now getting adjusted and realize I have to really focus on the boards, because I really don't want to take this test more than once. I consider myself a decent test taker...not the worst, but certainly not the best. Somewhere middle of the pack. I want to make a study schedule now so that I can be prepared and not panicking at the last minute, because I'm not going to have a week off before the boards to cram or anything like that.

Here's what I have for study materials:
3 Years of PREP questions
Laughing Your Way
First Aid
Zitelli (for pictures?)
UCLA review course materials from 2005, given to me by an attending

I feel like I've acquired too much and maybe need to cut it down and focus on a couple of sources. Although I could probably give a quick glace to all of those sources in 11 weeks, I couldn't really master them all. If anyone has advice for a schedule of how I should approach the boards with what sources to focus on and in what order that would be awesome. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
 
I went through First Aid twice and did every question and really read every answer for 4 years of PREP.

Pick either Laughing or First Aid, but you don't need both. Some people sware by Zitelli's, but I didn't use it. They don't make the pictures on the test all that hard because they realize the photos don't show up well. I think the rashes/lesions sections of First Aid and PREP were good enough.

I don't know about the UCLA review course so I can't comment.

Basic rules: Study hard, study enough and do tons of questions.