Peds heme/onc vs. Adult heme/onc?

Started by med5ladki
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

med5ladki

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a medical student and am torn about whether I want to become an adult heme/oncologist or peds heme/oncologist. I worked with an adult heme/onc doctor for about a month and really enjoyed it but have not had much experience about what a peds oncology career entails. Since I am on rotations I do not have much time to go and shadow a peds oncologist so I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on how I could best look into this field to help me make my decision. Or if anybody can help me by comparing these two fields with experience they have had?

I am also trying to set up 4th year rotations and so I need to decide whether to do most of my rotations in internal medicine or pediatrics so that I can maximize my chances of getting a residency at specific sites.

Please help me with any advice!! Thank you so much.
 
I am currently a medical student and am torn about whether I want to become an adult heme/oncologist or peds heme/oncologist. I worked with an adult heme/onc doctor for about a month and really enjoyed it but have not had much experience about what a peds oncology career entails. Since I am on rotations I do not have much time to go and shadow a peds oncologist so I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on how I could best look into this field to help me make my decision. Or if anybody can help me by comparing these two fields with experience they have had?

I am also trying to set up 4th year rotations and so I need to decide whether to do most of my rotations in internal medicine or pediatrics so that I can maximize my chances of getting a residency at specific sites.

Please help me with any advice!! Thank you so much.

Do you want to be a pediatrician or an internist? Or both (med-peds and a dual fellowship...)?

And with that, since you posted this in three places, I'm going to close this one. People can find this on the internal medicine forum and answer there. Please remember that duplicate postings are not allowed on SDN.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.