Peds letters for med/peds

Started by devildoc2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

devildoc2

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm planning on getting 3 IM letters and 1 peds letter.

Is this OK or must i have 3 IM letters AND 3 peds letters? I can only designate 4 letters per program.

Whats the deal here? How many peds letters do I need?
 
Each program has its own requirements. At least one peds letter is required, but the others don't matter so much where they come from. But some require a letter from the peds chairman which tends to be a little generic, so another peds letter from someone you've worked with is a good idea. But check with the individual program as to what letters it wants.