peds neuro questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jollyvulcan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 3rd yr currently looking into peds neuro who needs some advice.

Specifically, I am trying to figure out which programs have categorical slots and which programs have good reputations in teaching clinical skills as well as research (I am assuming that different programs have different emphasis). Also, if there is anyone who would like to offer their opinions on the field so I can weigh it against my other main interest (adult neuro) that would be great too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

jollyvulcan said:
I'm a 3rd yr currently looking into peds neuro who needs some advice.

Specifically, I am trying to figure out which programs have categorical slots and which programs have good reputations in teaching clinical skills as well as research (I am assuming that different programs have different emphasis). Also, if there is anyone who would like to offer their opinions on the field so I can weigh it against my other main interest (adult neuro) that would be great too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peds neuro is a little different than adult neuro in the path of training. Whereas in adult neuro you usually do a yr of prelim IM then do a 3 yr neuro residency, peds neuro entails doing 2-3 yrs of a pediatric residency then finishing up a 3 yr fellowship. As far as the specifics of each of the fellowships, sorry, I really can't help you there. As far as categorical slots, I've never heard of it... although I'm assuming such a program exists where you "fast track" into peds neuro during the middle of your pediatric residency.