Peds Residency in/near Boston

Started by pedshugs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pedshugs

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know a little bit about Brown and Tufts for pediatrics residency? How competitive are they to get? Any positives/negatives about them? I'm considering doing an away elective at both if anyone has taken electives there or goes to school there does anyone have suggestions as to which away electives to take and with whom? Also I noticed two other programs U Mass General and the Worcester program how competitive are either one of them and any positives/negatives? Thanks for your help :laugh:
 
I can't give you too much specific info as I haven't attended any of these programs yet, but I will be starting residency at Brown in the summer. I interviewed at Tufts, Brown, and UMass and really liked them all. I ranked Tufts #1 because being in Boston itself would have been easiest for me. I liked the people a lot. I was under the impression that Brown was more competitive than Tufts, but surprise, I didn't match at Tufts but I matched at Brown. I think Brown has a somewhat better program. My husband will be commuting to Boston when we move. I didn't expect to adore UMass, but I found it so warm and inviting. I'm really a city girl though, so I dreaded the idea of living in Worcester, so I ranked it lower down. It's smaller than the other programs, and they felt very close knit. If you have more questions about Brown as you start to apply, feel free to ask, as I expect I'll know a lot more in a few months.