Peds Residency Rankings...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSoccer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Uinversity of Rochester's website today and I found this...

The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry moved up two slots to 34th best research medical school and up eight slots to 13th best primary care medical school in U.S.News & World Report’s 2008 listing of top graduate schools in the country.

In addition, U.S.News & World Report ranked four of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry’s medical specialty training programs among the nation’s top programs. Geriatrics placed 17th in specialty rankings; Pediatrics placed 20th; Family Medicine placed 21st; and Internal Medicine placed 24th.

So here's my question: Does anyone know where we can find this ranking of medical specialty training programs? I've looked all over, to no avail. There are graduate program rankings with medical schools and the training in pediatrics, but I think that this is training for medical students and not the residency program rankings (i.e. it says UPenn and not CHOP, Harvard and not Boston Children's or Mass General).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

These statistics sound like they're from USNews which you can get at your local Borders. But the problem is that for specialties, they do not rank them as "best pediatric residency training" but simply "best pediatrics". So it does not always give insight into how a program is although they most likely do overlap for the most part.

And if they're not from USNews, I would have no idea. Rankings are bull**** anyways.