Peds Shelf: Single Best Question Source??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medready2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post...

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

BRS Peds is often viewed as complete, however, maybe a little heavy on the details. Friends enjoyed FA Peds. Around here, those are the two biggies. Blueprints is too superficial (returned it within 2 hours of opening it). Casefiles is fun, but once again, not complete. Pretest I found was not as good as other subjects.

A&L Review for nailing the info in your head + Blueprints Q&A and Kaplan Step 2 CK qbook for questions most like that in the shelf.

I can't recommend only one question source, sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
A&L review book, Pretest, and Case files

I rocked this one (ninety-something) with A&L and Pretest. No textbook or blueprints or anything like that.

If I had to choose one I'd choose Pretest.

The ONLY resources I used were the short (~30 pages) Peds section of Boards & Wards and went through Pre-Test twice.

This was my best shelf exam (raw score of 93, 98th%ile).

wow, given how much everybody loves pretest, i guess it deserves another look afterall - lol.

Still beats me why everyone likes it. It was way too hard and nitpicky, IMO.

The secret to Pretest is to pretend the hardest and most obscure 10-15% of questions don't exist. Then it is really good for peds (the only other subject I liked it for was Neuro)

PRETEST by far!!!! It was my only source and the peds shelf was one of my highest grade...however, I also had some awesome didactics at my site so i'm sure that contributed significantly!