Peds Transitional Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmr4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this whole SDN... I am planning on doing PMR and I would like to do a peds transitional year. I havent been able to find very much info about any programs.

Help!!

Thanks, H

Members don't see this ad.

pmr4me said:
Hi all,

I am new to this whole SDN... I am planning on doing PMR and I would like to do a peds transitional year. I havent been able to find very much info about any programs.

Help!!

Thanks, H

Not positive but I think MCW has one...

Just for the record, it is a peds preliminary year. Transitional year is different, which is like third year of medical school but as a resident. I hear though for a lot of transitional year programs, you can do a lot of peds if you choose. You would have to talk to someone that has gone through this though to confirm that.

I searched the NRMP website for their designated peds prelim programs, and these came up. The name of the hospital with the number of positions they are offering this year is listed. Of those, the programs that I have heard good things about include Baylor, Children's Mercy, Cincinnati, Mass Gen, MCW, Louisville, and UNC. Some of them may be two year positions for those going into peds neuro so you should contact the programs or look on their websites to find out the specifics about the program.

Baylor Coll Med-Houston-TX Peds/Child Neurology-2 yr: 3 positions
Childrens Mercy Hosp-MO Pediatrics-Preliminary: 2 positions
Cincinnati Children Hosp MC-OH Pediatrics-Preliminary: 1 position
Geisinger Health System-PA Pediatrics-Preliminary 1 position
Massachusetts Gen Hosp Pediatrics-Preliminary: 3 positions
Med Coll Wisconsin Aff Hosps Pediatrics-Preliminary: 2 positions
NYU School Of Medicine Preliminary Pediatrics 1 position
SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY Pediatrics-Preliminary: 2 positions
Stony Brook Teach Hosps-NY Pediatrics-Preliminary: 1 position
U Oklahoma COM-OK City Pediatrics-Preliminary: 1 position
U Oklahoma COM-Tulsa Pediatrics-Preliminary: 2 positions
U Texas Med Sch-Houston Pediatrics/2 years: 2 positions
U Texas SW Med Sch-Dallas Pediatrics/Preliminary: 2 positions
U Washington Affil Hosps Pediatrics-Preliminary: 1 position
Univ Louisville SOM-KY Pediatrics-Preliminary: 2 positions
Univ North Carolina Hosps Pediatrics-Preliminary: 1 position

when I was interviewing, lots of programs had unadvertised Prelim spots

Columbia
CHOP
NYU

shoot the program an email...you would be surprised at how many programs will take you... :oops: