PEDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
peds chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Top 60% of my class, a lot of extracurricular activities, tons of research, have a MPH, and am very outgoing. What are my chances of getting in a pediatric dentistry residency program?

With the increased proliferation of peds residencies, you won't have too much of a problem matching. Apply to NYU Lang. ones. I know a guy that got in bottom 10% of this class. When it comes down to it, grades are important and research yadayadayada...you are working with children and parents. If you are patient, approachable, and think outside of the box to levels with kids and their parents then you won't have a problem. Personality is key for peds and always will be...but....grades do help - you'll be fine.

With the increased proliferation of peds residencies, you won't have too much of a problem matching. Apply to NYU Lang. ones. I know a guy that got in bottom 10% of this class. When it comes down to it, grades are important and research yadayadayada...you are working with children and parents. If you are patient, approachable, and think outside of the box to levels with kids and their parents then you won't have a problem. Personality is key for peds and always will be...but....grades do help - you'll be fine.

I missed the deadline this cycle for the NYU Langone ones but do you know if they tend to have post match spots available?

I missed the deadline this cycle for the NYU Langone ones but do you know if they tend to have post match spots available?

I do not know. But usually from what I have seen they have post-match spots.

Reactions: 1 user